Legend has it that the mystical Octocat is working hard on publishing the perfect app.
This of course can not be done without the help of fellow open source contributors.
These contributors help by submitting issues with Octocat's codebase. Octocat has to fix these issues with commits.
The more issues he fixes the more watchers will join in to contirbute to the codebase.
If Octocat fails to fix issues they keep piling up and causing the codebase to lose watchers whenever Octocat stumbles upon these issues.
Periodically Octocat will have to make a public release. If successful Octocat's codebase will increase in popularity and gain lots of watchers.
If failing to release, the codebase loses a part of it's watchers who decide to go and build node modules for NASA instead.
Once Octocat's codebase will gain enough popularity he can retire hapily and go with his brothers to Valhalla. Legend has it, it takes a legion of 2000 faithful watchers to grant him ascension to the heavens.
The game can be played either with a gamepad or keyboard.
From the menu select your preferred input and click start.
Left/Right arrows to move Octocat.
Z to jump
X to shoot
P to restart game
Left/Right D-pad to move Octocat.
B to jump
Y to shoot
Start to restart game
Here is the github repository with the code/resources for this game:
This game won second prize and the Github special prize at the 2016 SussexHack.
OctocatHasCommitmentIssues is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Github, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The official Github website can be found at https://github.com. The names "Octocat" and "Github" as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of Github.
The use of the name "Octocat" in the title of the game is purely satirical and in accordance the the story and theme of the game and is in no way officially affiliated with Github. Permission to use the Github trademarked resources has been granted under the condition of this non-affiliated disclaimer.
Following is a list of all assets used in the game, crediting all sources. Thank you all and thank you Github. :)
- assets/background.png - sprites taken from http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/supermariobros/sheet/65962/
- assets/wall.png - sprites taken from http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/supermariobros/sheet/65962/
- assets/ground.png - sprites taken from http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/supermariobros/sheet/65962/
- assets/issue.svg - sprites taken from https://github.com/github/octicons/blob/master/svg/issue.svg
- assets/watchers.png - sprites taken from https://github.com/github/octicons/blob/master/svg/eye.svg
- assets/release.svg - sprites taken from https://github.com/github/octicons/blob/master/svg/tag.svg
- assets/gamepad.png - font used http://www.dafont.com/8bit-wonder.font
- assets/keyboard.png - font used http://www.dafont.com/8bit-wonder.font
- assets/start.png - font used http://www.dafont.com/8bit-wonder.font
- assets/win.png - font used https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser-examples/blob/master/examples/assets/particlestorm/particles/white.png
- assets/btnup.png - sprite generated using GIMP
- assets/btndn.png - sprite generated using GIMP
- assets/bullet.png - sprites taken from http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/smarioworld/sheet/63051/
- assets/dude.png - sprites taken from https://github.com/mozilla/BrowserQuest/blob/master/client/img/3/octocat.png
- assets/intro.mp3 - music taken from http://ericskiff.com/music/
- assets/main.mp3 - music taken from http://ericskiff.com/music/
- assets/shoot.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/shoot2.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/explode.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/powerup.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/jump.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/miss.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/hurt.wav - generated using bfxr
- assets/nuke.wav - generated using bfxr
If I have used any of your resources and have not given you credit, or if there are any legal issues with the publishing of this game, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Published||144 days ago|
|Release date||144 days ago|
|Tags||Arcade, browser, commits, gamejam, gamepad, github, hackathon, html5, issues, octocat|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.